Friday, October 27, 2023

MONSTER PAPERBACK PARADE


Presented here today at the Mysterious Mansion is a gallery of monster paperback covers. Some are from the UK and some from the U.S. Some are from my private collection and some I grabbed off the 'net.

As you can see, when it comes to illustrating horror and monster book covers, the full moon's limit, as Larry Talbot says. I'm sure you'll recognize some. Others are a little more esoteric as the books are hard to come by, and when one does, they're usually selling for outrageous prices.

So, feast your eyes! Glut your soul! From the sublime to the ridiculous . . .























2 comments:

  1. The only one of these I think I have is the Airmont Dracula. The Konga book I tried to locate for a while, but gave up. It and the Gorgo companion book are supposed to be quite salacious and add some sexy spice to what seem to be kid stories. The Zacherley books have outstanding covers! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Zacherley covers were done by Richard Powers, whose unique style was befitting the science-fiction and horror books during that period. A lot of these books have disappeared from booksellers -- my guess is from low print runs and collectors hanging on to them. I can't imagine what some of these would go for if they were up for sale.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, monster lover! Thank you for leaving a comment at WORLD OF MONSTERS!.

NOTICE! Comments containing promotion, advertising or hyperlinks will be deleted.