Sunday, October 22, 2023

MY NEW ARTICLE


Behind a magnificent cover by acclaimed artist, Allen Koszowski is an article I wrote for the science-fiction themed BLACK INFINITY. Editor and publisher Tom English invited me to write a piece for his special Creature Features issue and the result is a history of FAMOUS MONSTERS OF FILMLAND magazine. I chronicled the great FM from its humblest beginnings to its last gasp.

The rest of the 200+-page issue is jam packed with articles and fiction, including some essential reprints from the past, such as Ray Bradbury's "The Foghorn", which got made into the THE BEAST FROM 20,000 FATHOMS with early stop-motion animation work by Ray Harryhausen.

BI is independently published, so won't you spend a few bucks and support Tom's efforts? It's a really nice magazine.

Order a copy HERE.

3 comments:

  1. You talked me into it. That cover looks rather awesome. The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms is a great favorite of mine and Bradbury's The Foghorn is a fantastic story. Your history of Famous Monsters should teach me a lot, since it's clear from this blog that you know your stuff. Looking forward to it, and if the issue proves as enjoyable as it looks, I'm likely to get more of these. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great, Rip. You won't be disappointed. Tom really does a good job with selecting his material and always puts in a reprint or two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just got my copy. It was literally dropped off on my doorstep overnight and I was thrilled to open it up. I love the book, the format, the heft and the contents. Fantastic stuff. I'm off to read your article first and foremost. I'll be ordering more of these for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, monster lover! Thank you for leaving a comment at WORLD OF MONSTERS!.

NOTICE! Comments containing promotion, advertising or hyperlinks will be deleted.