The first Mummy model that I ever built was the original Aurora version back in 1964. I had aims on entering it into our local hobby shop's Aurora Customizing Monsters Contest. My idea for customization was to dip small strips from an old white t-shirt into dirty paint brush water and use them as wrappings on the figure. I remember being thrilled about it at time, but over the passing years I don't have a clear image of what it turned out looking like. I was late entering my masterpiece by one day, so I never found out if it measured up to the other kids in the neighborhood.
Fast forward a handful of decades and I gave Kharis another shot. This time I used the Revell re-issue from 2009 and which I believe they used the original molds. I have read about other modelers having trouble with joining parts, but outside of a little cleanup and putty I found it to be one of the easier of the several Aurora re-issues I've built so far.
I used a combination of paints from Freak Flex, Tamiya and Vallejo and hand brushed all of it. There are many layers that build up Kharis' color and likewise for the base. Lastly, I dispensed with adding the cobra accessory as I thought it was a little hokey and detracted from the figure.
Since I can't compare it from the first one I built, I nevertheless am sure this one came out a lot better and I had just as much fun building it!
The images below are the kit during various stages. Included is the box art (a far cry from Bama!) and cheap-ass instruction sheet that can't hold a cup of tana tea to the original, which I posted here yesterday.