Tuesday, October 31, 2023

HAPPY HALLOWEEN, MONSTER KIDS!


Golly, gee, Monster Kids -- here it is Halloween already! I don't know about you, but Halloween is still my favorite holiday of the year (except maybe my birthday!). Despite efforts to the contrary, Halloween still exists, but I'm afraid sometime in the future it will be deemed too frightening and, well . . . you know the way things are going. Once a Monster Kid, always a Monster Kid, I say.

Here are two of my most memorable and nostalgic Halloween treats. I obsessed over the Monster Mash LP and nearly wore the grooves off it. 


Monster Mash · Bobby "Boris" Pickett · The Crypt-Kickers
℗ 1962 Decca Music Group Limited
Producer: Gary S. Paxton
Producer: Gary Paxton
Associated  Performer, Vocals: Bobby Pickett
Composer  Lyricist: Leonard Capizzi
Composer  Lyricist: Bobby "Boris" Pickett


I heard a different version of this when I was in elementary school. The images conjured from that evocative writing were spooky! "It's Halloween", poem written by Harry Behn (1898 - 1973) and music  by Milton Kaye.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN, EVERYBODY!

2 comments:

Greetings, monster lover! Thank you for leaving a comment at WORLD OF MONSTERS!.

NOTICE! Comments containing promotion, advertising or hyperlinks will be deleted.