Thursday, June 27, 2013

THIS FEATURES THE CREATURE


To mangle a phrase, "The Creature's worth a thousand pictures". The Universal denizen of the fabled Black Lagoon is side-by-side in popularity with Godzilla for monsters of the atom age.

A favorite subject in the pages of many monster magazines, the original Goonie enjoys a cult popularity like few others. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say he's my favorite monster from the 1950's. Few monster designs can be considered downright "cool" and The Creature From the Black Lagoon is one of them. The simple, but unique story of the Creature comes complete with its own mythology, and when you add one of the hottest of the classic horror hotties, Julie Adams, in her striking one-piece white bathing suit to the mix, who can complain?

While I don't have a thousand pictures (maybe hundreds) in my collection, I do have a few to share. This gallery has been compiled from a few auction sources. Creature collectibles can be an expensive hobby. For instance, the group of lobby cards shown below collectively sold for over $2,000.
























1 comment:

Dr. Theda said...

Great "Lobby Cards" and Stills...
really good post good Sir