Monday, January 2, 2023

NEW YEAR MUSINGS FROM THE MYSTERIOUS MANSION


Well, here we are Monster Kids, a brand new year. This marks the beginning of the 14th year of this blog; I began it as MONSTER MAGAZINE WORLD way back in 2010 and the first post was in April of that year. The focus was on coverage of -- you guessed it -- monster magazines, but I covered all sorts of other monster topics as well. To reflect the content more accurately, I renamed it WORLD OF MONSTERS a few years ago. I've been posting pretty much daily for 11 out of the last 13 years. I don't want to tell you how many hours that equals, but it's still fun -- and as long as it stays that way or Godzilla fireballs my neighborhood, I'm gonna keep doing this.

My Dracula outfit, courtesy of Mom and Dad.

In the coming year I've got tons more to share with you, and along with the usual, I have uncovered some moldering gems from the basement Sanctum here at the Mysterious Mansion, including some rarities, unusual stuff and -- wait for it -- more of my homemade monster mags from when I was just knee-high to the Frankenstein Monster!

The first issue of my homemade monster mag.

A word about navigating around this site: As you can see, there's lots of links to click on. I've tried to make it easier for you to browse some of the more "post-heavy" topics by using the links on the left sidebar, and you can always find the monstrous list of labels at the bottom of the page. You can also use the "Search World of Monsters" form on the right sidebar for particular subjects that you're looking for.

I get at least several hundred page views a day (and sometimes a thousand or more), so there's ample evidence that the site activity is robust enough for me to know that there are plenty of readers out there. But still, if you would be so kind as to sign up as a follower, I'd greatly appreciate it. It only takes a sec, and you won't lose any blood over it, maybe just a few brain cells from reading all this crazy stuff!

War of the monsters! Me and my big sister battle it out.

And, of course, you're always welcome to comment on any blog post. I encourage you to let me know your thoughts, and if you don't bite, I won't bite back. You can also send a private message to me using the form on the right sidebar.

The Monster Shoppe has yet to open. I've got tons of stuff to sell, but it's super time-consuming to get it all organized and listed. Plus, the IRS seems to have dropped Maxwell's Silver Hammer once again on hobbyists by limiting the amount of sales from a third-party vendor until they have to be declared as income. Thanks again, Uncle Sam!

I was a huge Man From U.N.C.L.E. fan. Wish I still had that Ideal Napoleon Solo gun!

Well, I guess that's about it for now, folks. Thanks bunches for visiting WORLD OF MONSTERS and I hope you get as much fun and enjoyment out of it as I do.

To new worlds of Gods and Monsters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings, monster lover! Thank you for leaving a comment at WORLD OF MONSTERS!.

NOTICE! Comments containing promotion, advertising or hyperlinks will be deleted.