Sunday, January 15, 2023

MY HOME-MADE MONSTER MAGAZINE (PART 2)


"What was the mysterious secret to
the picture on the wall?"
- "Portrait of a Monster", MONSTERS MAGAZINE

Today I post the second half of my home-made monster magazine from January, 1969. It continues with my short story, "Portrait of a Monster". I got the idea for this format from FAMOUS MONSTERS OF FILMLAND, issue #53 (February, 1969). Robert Bloch completed Edgar Allen Poe's unfinished tale, "The Light-House" and renamed it "The Horror in the Lighthouse", using stills from horror films to illustrate the story, which is exactly what I did. The person under that unique and weird-looking monster mask at he end of the story is me, a prized possession that I got at a local County Fair. Like most cheap rubber masks, it ended up being fused to the Styrofoam head that I had kept it on for display.

The ROSEMARY'S BABY article I transcribed from the Calendar section of the L.A. Times. It was written by Ray Bradbury who offered an alternate ending to the film. Rounding out the issue is an article on Mothra.













Hey, that's me in the top photo posing as The Count (in full sunlight, no less)
for my pseudo-Dracula film.





2 comments:

Anacho said...

Great job ! Artisanal mais ô combien intéressant. Si vous ne voulez pas être déçus DIY !!!! Bonne semaine John !

John said...

Merci Anacho. J'ai eu beaucoup de plaisir à les faire.