Wednesday, December 22, 2021

SMELLS LIKE BLACK SABBATH


I've always thought that Tony Iommi is one helluva cool guy, and when I heard he was marketing a new unisex perfume, Scent of Dark, I knew he was a sophisticated gent as well!

Two versions of the product are offered HERE.

Tony Iommi and Sergio Momo.

"It's something I've always been interested in, ever since the early days of products like Brut and Old Spice, which I'd always get given for Christmas," remembers Tony. "Once I started touring the world with SABBATH though, I started discovering different sorts of fragrances from other countries and began collecting them on tour.

"I met Sergio (Sergio Momo of Xerjoff) through another friend of mine Jimmy Crutchley (who plays bass on 'Scent Of Dark') and Sergio kindly sent me a box of his fragrances and asked if I'd be interested in creating my own, which I certainly wasn't expecting," laughs Iommi. "I had no idea how that would work, but Sergio suggested I come up with a list of things I like the smell of, which I did. He developed some different samples made up from my suggestions and I picked the one I liked; the project moved forward from there."

"Sergio is a really creative chap, he plays great guitar on 'Scent Of Dark' and has one of my collectable models, the 64 Gibson with the cartoon monkey image," Tony says. "He said it would be great to incorporate that, and he's even managed to get it onto one of the bottles."

"I wouldn't put my name to something that I haven't been involved in and didn't personally like or use," he explains. "That's been the same with all of the projects I've done from guitars onwards, this is no different."

The Xerjoff Blends Rock Edition sees Black Sabbath’s legendary guitarist, Tony Iommi, unify his monolithic riffs with Xerjoff’s esteemed expertise to create the first multisensorial interaction between music and perfume in an unexpected olfactory venture. “Sound, taste, and image change and contaminate each other. In samsara of creative confusion stimulated by creative minds that turn the senses, from the smell to sight, to hearing, into their exciting playground”. Sergio Momo, CEO and Founder of Xerjoff Tony Iommi Signed Crystal by Xerjoff Blends is available as a 50ml Parfum as a limited edition.

Tony Iommi Signed Crystal by Xerjoff is a fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. Tony Iommi Signed Crystal was launched in 2021. Top notes are Rum, Geranium, Bergamot and Passionfruit; middle notes are Singapore Patchouli, Leather, Cinnamon and Bulgarian Rose; base notes are Caramel, Musk, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Labdanum, Ambergris and Tonka Bean.

Hear the song, "Scent of Dark":




More on Tony and Black Sabbath HERE.

You have been reading . . .


No comments: