Saturday, January 20, 2024

ON THE TRAIL OF EDGAR ALLAN POE


"Terror is my thesis" - Edgar Allan Poe

The immortal Edgar Allan Poe is arguably the most recognizable author that America has ever produced. According to one of the articles below from AMERICAN ROAD magazine (Autumn 2019) he is also the most widely read author in the country. And why not? Even to this day, his poems and tales resonate with readers with their themes of love and terror, often both at the same time.

This fascinating series of articles illustrate his enduring popularity with the large number of museums, monuments and other landmarks.




































2 comments:

  1. I admire Poe's work more than I enjoy it I think. It's absorbing at times, but most of the really great Poe must be read out loud I think for maximum effect.

    On a different note, let me congratulate you on the best dang X-Ray glasses ad I've ever seen. Remarkable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a pair of X-Ray Specs and the only thing they're good for is reading 3-D comics!

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, monster lover! Thank you for leaving a comment at WORLD OF MONSTERS!.

NOTICE! Comments containing promotion, advertising or hyperlinks will be deleted.