Tuesday, January 30, 2024

I HAVE A HUNCH


Today, I proudly present another one of my monster model builds -- The Hunchback of Notre Dame, re-issued by Polar Lights. The original Aurora kit was first sold in 1963. The figure was based on the 1957 version of the film, and starred Anthony Quinn and Gina Lollobrigida. Technically, this kit was not a part of the Universal Monsters series as it was produced by Paris Film Productions and released by Allied Artists.

As for the box art, reportedly Quinn had an issue with his likeness being portrayed and artist James Bama created another version, this time with bushier hair.

I actually built this a little over two years ago, but the unfinished post got buried in my queue. This was a pretty easy kit to build as the parts fit better than most. I also got to work more on my wood coloring which I think is the best part of the model. If you look close at his head shot, you can see I added a little saliva coming out of the corner of his mouth, too. After all, it was at this point that Quasimodo cried, "I thirst"!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings, monster lover! Thank you for leaving a comment at WORLD OF MONSTERS!.

NOTICE! Comments containing promotion, advertising or hyperlinks will be deleted.