Saturday, December 2, 2023

CHILDREN OF THE BAT


Writer Seabury Quinn was the most prolific author of "The Unique Magazine" during its decades-long publishing history. Most of his stories were concerning his occult detective, Jules de Grandin. A cross between Agatha Christie's Hercule Poirot and Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes, the fastidious and diminutive Frenchman thought and fought his was through dozens of cases over the years. This one "Children of the Bat", appeared in WEIRD TALES, Vol. 29, No. 1, January 1937.
























2 comments:

  1. I have only a few of Seabury Quinn's Jules de Grandin stories in collections here and there. I've been tempted by the great looking collections online, but I think I will ultimately settle on the best of. Quinn is the most popular Weird Tales author no one's ever heard of. (Or at least I hadn't until I dug into it many years ago.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few of the Nightshade hardcover editions and they are nicely done. But the stories are best served in small portions, as they are all similar in plots and characterizations, just with different topics. Your idea of a "Best Of" is probably the best idea if you're not a completist.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, monster lover! Thank you for leaving a comment at WORLD OF MONSTERS!.

NOTICE! Comments containing promotion, advertising or hyperlinks will be deleted.