Saturday, January 15, 2022

FREE BUZZCUTS TODAY ONLY!


After graduating from High School way back in 1972, I visited Benton Harbor, Michigan, the city of my Dad's birth. I got invited to spend a couple of days with my cousin, who lived in Niles. It was Friday night, so my cousin, her husband and I took about a half-hour drive to South Bend, Indiana, to take in a movie.

The film was Wes Craven's urban horror classic, THE LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT. I didn't know what I was getting into, and believe me, just a few minutes into it, I knew I was in for a thrill ride. To top off the evening, I was in store for yet another thrill ride. My cousin's husband, who drove us down in his "souped-up" Dodge Challenger, hit the freeway screaming. When I looked at the speedometer from the back seat, my jaw dropped -- we were going more than a hundred miles an hour! Between that and the movie, it was a memorable evening!

Fast forward a few years later, I was in for yet another memorable movie outing. This time my buddies and I waited over two hours to get in to see THE EXORCIST. You can read about my adventure HERE.

Fast forward again and my eyeballs were met with another shocker -- Tobe Hooper's THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE. By then, I had been soaking up monster movies and magazines for years, and I thought I could take it all. Well, TCSM leveled the playing field. I couldn't believe what I was watching, but I was definitely riding on a roller-coaster of mayhem.

The 'zine posted today, FANTASY FILM MEMORY, is just that -- it brought back memories of that horrific movie, especially that guy with the mask of human skin running around chopping people up with his chainsaw (R.I.P, Gunnar Hansen)!

FANTASY FILM MEMORY (SHOCKERS)
No. 3
1991
The FFM Association
Editor, Designer, Publisher: Pierre Jouis
Associate Publishers: Jean-Claude Michel; Bruno Terrier
Writer: Gerard Biard
English text supervisor: David Kerekes
Cover: Photo cover
Pages: 42
Cover price: $10.00 (USD)
Printed in France
Print run: 3,000

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings, monster lover! Thank you for leaving a comment at WORLD OF MONSTERS!.

NOTICE! Comments containing promotion, advertising or hyperlinks will be deleted.