The book has already caught on and astounded readers in the UK. It is described as a "remarkable journey through the Hammer Vault" that includes props, annotated script pages, unused poster artwork, production designs, rare promotional material and private correspondence. Hundreds of rare and previously unseen stills help to create a rich souvenir of Hammer’s legacy, from the X certificate classics of the 1950s to the studio’s latest productions.
And, from Amazon: "Written and compiled by the official Hammer Films historian Marcus Hearn, and featuring exclusive contributions from the actors and filmmakers associated with the company, this is the most lavish book ever published on the legendary House of Horror."
- Letters to and from some of the company's stars
- Pages from Peter Cushing's scrapbooks
- Pages from the scrapbook of managing director Michael Carreras
- Pre-production artwork, and poster artwork from films that were never made
- Production designs
- Rare and previously unpublished photos
[HAUNTED LIBRARY logo and accompanying illustration are Copyright (C) 2011 by Navroth. All rights reserved. Do not copy or distribute without permission.]