Wednesday, March 30, 2011

DO THE MONSTER MASK! (PART 3)


Here are a few pages from Forrest J. Ackerman's MONSTERLAND, a later reincarnation of the legendary FAMOUS MONSTERS OF FILMLAND. It has it's moments, but generally it's a little anemic as monster 'zines go. Forry's trademark fan boy enthusiasm runs unabated throughout, however, which makes it instantly reminiscent of the halcyon days of monster magazines. I've added a couple of pages of make-up and prosthetics ads along with the interesting line of masks that have the obvious influence of the 80's.











1 comment:

Bill Oberst Jr. said...

I'm an actor who works in the horror genre in LA. Like all fans of FM, I made the pilgrimage to see Forrey almost as soon as the plane landed at LAX. I was lucky that it was one of his good days (he'd be dead a few months later.) I was his only visitor that day and he made me laugh with stories about Karloff and Chaney and being mistaken for Vincent Price (and vice versa) on an airplane. I grew up weird and he made me feel ok about that. God bless him and God rest him.

Bill Oberst Jr.
http://billoberstjr.blogspot.com/