Saturday, October 30, 2010

DO THE MONSTER MASH!


Well, here it is, almost Halloween again! And what better time to do the MONSTER MASH? This is my all-time favorite monsterkid album ever. I wore the grooves out of my original Garpax LP. My friend Doug and I and a couple other neighbor kids even put on shows in our garage, jumpin' and jivin' with our monster get-ups and makeshift musical instruments as THE MERRY MONSTERS -- all the while blasting away Bobby Pickett's immortal songs!

It doesn't take THE BRAIN FROM PLANET AROUS to remind anyone of its iconic status among the greatest in Monsterdom. Here are a couple of clips and a clipping of mine. It's a rare look at the fan club page from DIG magazine (July 1962). As I mentioned in my OFFICIAL MUNSTERS MAGAZINE blog posts, notice the salmon-hued paper. Like, wild, man!






1 comment:

Prof. Grewbeard said...

awesome, thanx for the article!...