Monday, November 27, 2023

THE MAKING OF FORBIDDEN PLANET (PART 1)


CINEFANTASTIQUE
Vol. 8 No. 2/3 (Whole number 28)
Spring 1979
Publisher and Editor: Frederick S. Clarke
Cover: Vincent DiFate
Pages: 96
Cover price: $4.99

Every so often, publisher Frederick S. Clarke would publish a double-size issue of CINEFANTASTIQUE, and this one's a doozy. Leading off is a lengthy article on the making of the classic science-fiction film, FORBIDDEN PLANET. Practically everything you wanted to know behind the scenes on this super sci-fi flick is right here. Included are features on STAR TREK THE MOTION PICTURE, MOONRAKER, WATERSHIP DOWN, QUATERMASS and one of my favorite Sherlock Holmes movies, MURDER BY DECREE. A heck of an issue.




























































2 comments:

  1. Forbidden Planet was one of those movies I heard and read about but had never seen when I was in my 20's. I remember when the VHS market was just getting warmed up reading in a catalog that I could get a copy of the flick for a cool fifty bucks. The price for a VHS movie hadn't yet settled in at around twenty bucks at the time. I passed. Fifty buck in the early 80's was a hell of a lot of money. Eventually I did get a copy at a more reasonable price and satisfied my curiosity. It's a great old movie, full of lots of stuff folks associate with the form.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the 80's I did a helluva lot of VHS dubbing. As you mention, they could be very expensive to purchase. A lot of these ended up on DVD and I tossed a few full trash bags of dubs not long ago.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, monster lover! Thank you for leaving a comment at WORLD OF MONSTERS!.

NOTICE! Comments containing promotion, advertising or hyperlinks will be deleted.