Saturday, November 11, 2023

ANOTHER ARTICLE PUBLISHED!


This has been a good year for my writing. Earlier, I had an article on the history of FAMOUS MONSTERS OF FILMLAND published in BLACK INFINITY, and just recently an article in PREHISTORIC TIMES on the 1925 silent film, THE LOST WORLD. Just available on Amazon is the latest issue of NIGHTMARE ABBEY, where you'll see the first installment of my new series, "Fear in Four Colors: The Hideous History of American Horror Comics". Inspired by posts right here at WoM, I'll be covering the gamut of horror comics from the beginning.

My list of published works has been updated behind the "About Me" tab under the WoM title at the top of this page.

Here's a rundown on the contents of NIGHTMARE ABBEY.
  • 4th gigantic volume of this critically-acclaimed horror magazine/book.
  • Haunted places, tormented souls & the creeping unknown!
  • Heavily illustrated with photos and art by Allen Koszowski.
  • Paul Finch (Terror Tales series) interviewed by Matt Cowan
  • 10 terrifying tales by today's top writers.
  • New Ian Rogers' Black Lands novella.
  • The History of American Horror Comics (part 1; by John M. Navroth).
  • Retro movie review: Val Lewton's The Body Snatcher (with Boris Karloff)
  • See what Dear Abbey has been up to!

Support independent publishing and order a copy HERE!

2 comments:

  1. Just ordered a copy. I have already picked up all the issues of Black Infinity and Nightmare Alley to date and welcome this latest one to the pile of great reading. The vintage tales are wonderful to have, the articles which appear in later issues are fascinating, and the artwork in both magazines is just fantastic. It might take me a while to get around to this complete issue, but I'll make a note to read your article straight away. Thanks for putting me onto these great little books. It reminds of the days when Amazing and Fantastic were my favorite digest magazines, but even better in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you kindly, good sir. Dead Letter Press publishes some darn fine 'zines and yes, they are quite reminiscent of the old pulps, with a nod to the classic years amongst the newer material. In my book, you can't beat Allen Koszowski's superb illustrations throughout. I was fortunate to have him supply me with a generous amount of illos years ago when I was publishing my own indie mag, Lovecraft's Weird Mysteries.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, monster lover! Thank you for leaving a comment at WORLD OF MONSTERS!.

NOTICE! Comments containing promotion, advertising or hyperlinks will be deleted.