Sunday, November 12, 2023

JACK KIRBY'S DEVIL DINOSAUR NO. 1


Last week I posted an announcement about my new article published in PREHISTORIC TIMES.

In the spirit of that, today I'm sharing another title by the ever-creative and inventive mind and hands of Jack Kirby, DEVIL DINOSAUR. Published in April 1978, the last year of Kirby's last stint with Marvel before he went freelance until his retirement, this book is considered a cult favorite among Kirby fans. It includes the usual cast of crazy characters and a T-Rex inspired dinosaur with super powers and thinks like a human. Inks are by Frank Giacoia and letters are by Gaspar Saladino.

Come back for more of DEVIL DINOSAUR later today!

















2 comments:

  1. I did not grok Devil Dinosaur when it hit the stands. As a dutiful Kirby fanboy I bought it, but was years later on a re-reading that I came to find its charms. I had to grow up before I could get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly one of his quirkiest. Of course, you could also say that for some of his others, too. Kirby just seemed to come up with some really off-beat ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, monster lover! Thank you for leaving a comment at WORLD OF MONSTERS!.

NOTICE! Comments containing promotion, advertising or hyperlinks will be deleted.