Tuesday, January 23, 2018

ANOTHER TOPSTONE CAVEMAN ON VINTAGE TV!


Last week I posted a Topstone Caveman mask sighting courtesy of Rondo-winner and all-around author-extraordinaire Mark Voger. Well, no sooner had I done that when I noticed a sidebar suggested video on YouTube that looked liked what turned out to be another vintage TV show with another Topstone mask -- not only that, but another Topstone Caveman!

The rubbery throwback is seen on an episode of the classic TV game show, "What's My Line?" So who was the person wearing it? None other than contestant -- wait for it -- Ed Sullivan! That's right! Sullivan had to mask himself so that the panel wouldn't recognize him. The disguise drew loud hilarity from the audience.

Indeed, it is one of life's great ironies that the person who introduced America to The Beatles, told Jim Morrison of The Doors not to use the word "higher" when he sang "Light My Fire", and brought Topo Gigo all the way from Italy, at one time donned a Topstone mask!



1 comment:

  1. Ha! Good one, from 1958. I actually remember seeing that episode when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, monster lover! Thank you for leaving a comment at WORLD OF MONSTERS!.

NOTICE! Comments containing promotion, advertising or hyperlinks will be deleted.