Thursday, July 2, 2026

SUPER HEROES FROM PAGE TO SCREEN (PART 2)








































8 comments:

  1. This post reminded me I need to rewatch those classic Bat-adventures. A lot of the fun of a Warren magazine were those delightful enticing ads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 1960s Batman show still turns up on UK tv, I understand. I'm currently catching up with the 1990s animated series, which is also rather fun.

      Delete
  2. Ironic that Captain Company was founded by Warren because he couldn't attract any outside advertising for his 'zines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't recall ever seeing the Bride of Frankenstein kit in a UK store, darn it.

      Delete
  3. The Captain Marvel serials had the best flying sequences, really well done. And I also had the Batman model kit, horribly painted as only an 11 year old kid can do. Oh, and it also had that wonderful issue with Aurora where the glue wouldn't hold up or cure correctly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it came to launching himself into the air, George Reeves had it nailed.

      Delete
  4. Steve: Once in a while an episode of the 60s Batman will pop up on the local nostalgia channel, MeTV. As camp and corny as it was, I still enjoy the heck out of that series. I recall The Bride of Frankenstein kit was the last one I got as a young monster kid. We had a hobby shop withing walking distance that was always fully stocked with Aurora monster kits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. RickH: My rudimentary skills with kit building were in full view of my Aurora model collection! I finally wised up and started using flats instead of gloss paint, though. I'd like to see The Man from UNCLE models re-issued at some point.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, monster lover! Thank you for leaving a comment at WORLD OF MONSTERS!.

NOTICE! Comments containing advertising or hyperlinks that take readers off this page will be deleted. Comments for posts older than five (5) days are moderated.