Friday, May 5, 2023

ED ROTH'S KOOL KUSTOM KARS


Ed "Big Daddy" Roth's outrageously customized cars, as well as his creation of the famed "Rat Fink" character and others have earned him a place in pop culture history. He was a tireless self-promoter, which landed him in some of the most unlikeliest of places, including within the pages of the first issue of the men's magazine, NECTAR (No month, 1963).





BONUS! Hey guys! Here's a gratuitous peek at what girlie magazine pics looked like 60 years ago:





2 comments:

Rip Jagger said...

One of my few regrets is that I never really spent much time with classic model making. So many of those strange vehicles from TV shows and such still hold a fascination for me. And those vintage models you threw in at the end of the post are exceedingly fascinating as well.

John said...

Ha! My pleasure. BTW, It's never too late to get into model-making. I hadn't touched one for over 30 years, then one day it just hit me for some reason. I did a lot of research first on YouTube, etc. I ended up building at least one kit a month for the first year. The big question was choosing between enamels and acrylics. I went with acrylics because they're less toxic and blend better. Also, they are re-issuing a lot of those old "funny car" kits from Ed Roth and others. Something else to spend money on!