Friday, February 3, 2023

MY BIGFOOT MODEL


What better model kit to build here in the Pacific Northwest? I built this last year and just came across the photos I took when it was completed. I believe it was first issued back in the 80's by AMT. This is the re-issued, "Glow-in-the-dark" version. The pieces were snap-together and as usual with this type of kit it was not without its challenges. The biggest problem was getting the seams matched, and even a good amount of putty didn't completely fill them.

I customized the kit by adding moss and sticks from the trees in my yard and used a water texture for the pond from Vallejo. For the finishing touch, I added a red LED light under the base to illuminate the skull. I thought it turned out pretty creepy and this 'Squatch is definitely not of the friendly type!

The original box art.

The re-issue box art.













1 comment:

  1. Nifty model. An aggressive pose for certain. I'm a Bigfoot fan. I abandoned belief in Bigfoot when there did not develop reliable sightings in the modern era of cellphone cameras. Everyone is armed and take pictures of everything, so given the reports, I'd expect a good photo by now. But I found I missed out believing in Bigfoot and decided to just start to believe again. It's not rational really, but a lot of life is like that I find.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings, monster lover! Thank you for leaving a comment at WORLD OF MONSTERS!.

NOTICE! Comments containing promotion, advertising or hyperlinks will be deleted.