Saturday, May 14, 2022

PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE


PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE
One-shot (Official comics adaptation)
1990 (No month)
Malibu Graphics
Editor: Chris Ulm
Script: John Wooley
Art: Stan Timmons; Bruce McCorkindale
Lettering: Pat Brousseau
Cover: Madman
Pages: 60
Cover price: $4.95

Often said to be "the worst movie of all time", I beg to disagree. I got through PLAN 9, and while it was a bit of an effort, I have watched other horror films that were so bad I turned them off well before finishing them. Nevertheless, PLAN 9 has gotten a bad rap, and truthfully, it's largely well-deserved. But how can you deny that Ed Wood slapped together an ensemble cast of cult actors and Bela Lugosi in his last role as the "Ghoul Man" that made the film somehow watchable?



























































2 comments:

Rip Jagger said...

Every few years I have to dig out my Ed Wood movies and soak up the goofy majesty of work not done very well but with everlasting gusto. I have this comic lurking in the depths of my collection somewhere, but as usual I doubt I could put my hands on it without a significant search.

John said...

Well, you have to admit he was enthusiastic, and given funding, I believe we would be the fortunate recipients of many more films from his wild imagination.