Friday, February 11, 2022

DEATH BY MEAT TENDERIZER!


Back in the 80's, there was a video rental store (Psycho Video, as I remember) in Long Beach, CA, not far from me that specialized in, well, psychotronic videos. It was a hole-in-the-wall place, but it was packed to the gills with B-movies from the legendary Something Weird, along with scads more, including, I suspect, a number of pirated videos (and I do mean videos) to boot.

I usually walked out of there with an armload of everything from CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST to THE NUDE VAMPIRE, got 'em home and proceeded to watch them as I dubbed my own copies on my twin video player deck.

One of the videos, while grossly gory, was too funny to be shocking. It was Herschell Gordon Lewis', THE GORE-GORE GIRLS. Within the first minute, the first victim's face is hacked up enough to be unrecognizable. Each ensuing murder is more outlandish than the next.

Perhaps the most outrageous is the scene where Pickles the Stripper (played by Marlene Berger) is turned around on a kitchen table and her bottom pulverized with none other than a meat tenderizer!

Is THE GORE-GORE GIRLS worth watching? Probably not. But if you're a "slasher" movie fan (or a misogynist) you've probably seen it already. And, unfortunately, it cannot be unseen . . .

Here's a butcher's dozen stills from the film:














DVD cover.

One sheet movie poster.

No comments: