Tuesday, July 13, 2010

NEW ERA OF FAMOUS MONSTERS BEGINS TOMORROW!


I am looking foward with eager anticipation for tomorrow when the newly launched FAMOUS MONSTERS OF FILMLAND magazine arrives at my local comic shop. Brandon, malevolently marvy manager of EVERETT COMICS located in the heart of downtown Everett, WA, a.k.a. The Center of the Universe, informed me today that my copy of FM #251 is due to be stuffed into my subscriber box with tomorrow's Diamond Direct shipment. A bit of a bummer was, when I asked him how many people had ordered an advanced copy, he replied, "Just you, sicko!". However, chokingly cheery Charlie, the shop's owner went off the grid and ordered one rack copy. Since EVERETT COMICS usually only carries WIZARD, HEAVY METAL, and one or two other magazine titles at all, I consider this a good omen.

Anyway, since I deem the relaunching of FAMOUS MONSTERS something of a monstrous occasion all on its own, you will be hearing quite a bit about it on this BlogSpot for a little while at least. In the meantime, here's a couple of pics I plundered off the EVERETT COMICS website. And, if you're in the mood to buy anything you see listed, they'll ship anywhere that a mail truck can get to . . . after you pay for it, of course.



1 comment:

Mike Scott said...

Don't have any comics shops near enough to make it worth the drive and I probably wouldn't get the incentive cover, anyway. Guess it's off to ebay to see how much I won't be paying for one! :P