Friday, December 21, 2012

IF YOU CAN READ THIS, WE SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE

Well, here we are gang. No worse for the wear, wouldn't you say? I wouldn't lie to you -- I have to admit that I really didn't want the world to end today. Why? Because I've got so much left to share with you, dear readers of MONSTER MAGAZINE WORLD! So, thanks, Big Guy. Just let that meteor the size of Brazil fly right on by, will you?

BTW, I'm just about back in business, computer wise. Maybe someday I'll try a Mac, but I settled on a Toshiba Satellite running Windows 7. I passed on Windows 8 -- not ready yet for another learning curve right now. Since it's the last of the batch, I got a really good deal on it. Also saved a couple hundred bucks by pulling out the hard drive of my old HP (which I found out have a tendency to burn up motherboards running with AMD chips) and sticking into a hard drive enclosure. Since there was no damage to the HD I managed to recover all the files that I hadn't yet backed up when disaster struck. So, outside of a few tweeks here and there, I'm off and running again, loaded up with system security and anti-malware and God knows what else to slow down the darned machine.

I wanted to take this opportunity to wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy Yule Season, and, oh, a Good Solstice, too. Hope its a fun one, folks!

Now, back to the regular postings . . .

No comments: